If you have sustained a motorcycle accident injury, you may have grounds for an insurance claim and a lawsuit. In order to file a suit, you must have evidence that shows the accident was a result of the other party violating his or her duty of care. You must also have evidence of your injuries.
Bicycle Accident Liability Basics
Like other vehicle accident lawsuits, bicycle accident lawsuits are governed by state law, and often informed by state and local traffic laws.
The following is a list of items you should prepare before meeting with a lawyer:
- A copy of the police report detailing the accident
- Any traffic tickets the other driver was issued
- Photos of the scene of the accident and photos of your injuries
- Names and contact information of any witnesses to the accident
- Copies of your medical bills and records
- Any evidence to support missed days of work and loss of wages